On October of 2013, California lawmakers passed AB1252, entitled the Retail Food Safety Bill, and the law went into effect this year. The text of AB1252 reads as though it was intended to address the health concerns of mobile operations as well as the "cottage food industry" where products were made in a person's home. But the bill was written broadly affected everyone from sushi chefs to bartenders. Here's a collection of links.
- AB1252 - Retail Food Safety Bill [legiscan.com]
- Chefs hate new law requiring them to wear gloves [latimes.com]
- Under new food safety law, bartenders have to wear gloves [latimes.com]
- New Law Puts Gloves On California Bartenders [npr.org]
- CA Bartenders React to the New Glove Requirement Law [punchdrink.com]
- State's Highly Controversial Glove Law Could Be Repealed [bizjournals.com]